Many K-pop agencies today announced that their boy bands have tested negative for Covid-19, adding that most members will resume their schedules as scheduled while some will go into quarantine for two weeks after coming into close contact with someone who tested positive while filming Mnet’s sung survival show for male idol groups, “Kingdom.”
Earlier this week, it was revealed that one of the dancers on the show had tested positive for the coronavirus, forcing all staff and members of the competing boy group who were present during the recording on May 4 at undergo tests. A total of 46 members of the boy group were reportedly present.
So far, all members of Stray Kids, BTOB and Ateez have tested negative and will resume all schedules from today, the groups’ agencies said. FNC Entertainment also announced that all SF9 members tested negative, but said the Department of Disease Control and Prevention recommended Taeyang undergo 14 days of quarantine because he had potential primary contact with the initial patient. . This is also the case for The Boyz. All eleven members have tested negative, but Jooyeon will be quarantined until May 18, as recommended.
However, unlike SF9, which will resume the show without Taeyang, Cre.Ker Entertainment has said The Boyz will be suspending its show for two weeks.
BY YIM SEUNG-HYE [[email protected]]